Real-Time Demand Signal from End-to-End
The Real Time Value Network™ first generates a single order forecast that is continuously adjusted based on actual demand changes. The Demand Translation service provides a patented multi-tier platform that propagates this demand to all of the trading partners in your supply chain, from end-to-end.
From your forward-most point of demand, (e.g. store, distribution center, or manufacturer) the Demand Translation service automatically translates the order forecast to the appropriate level of detail and communicates it to an unlimited number of suppliers and logistics providers. This includes converting units of measure (e.g. pallets to boxes) or exploding an assembly bill of material into its components or raw materials.
We knew we needed to find a way to deliver more value to our customers and trading partners while reducing inventory and operations costs. We’ve chosen One Network because of its unique and highly innovative technology.
– Global Director, Materials & Logistics, Dana
The Demand Translation service constantly monitors demand and supply points in the network and dynamically flags business process exceptions, allowing buyers, planners, and suppliers to proactively resolve them before they lead to stockouts, lost production, excess inventories or costly transportation premiums.
Demand Translation at a Glance
- Generates and communicates an order forecast that is continuously updated based on actual demand. Provides on-demand visibility to supply-demand changes.
- Supply, demand, and capacities continuously planned and executed concurrently within the same system
- Automatically translates the supply forecast to an unlimited number of trading partners in the logical units of measure.
- Exception-based workflows mean the vast majority of transactions are managed automatically.